Purple Amethyst and Its Abilities
Purple has long been considered a color of royalty, so its no surprise that amethyst has been a crystal in high demand all throughout history. Fine amethysts are featured in the British Crown Jewels and were also a favorite of Catherine the Great and Egyptian royalty. Amethyst, transparent purple quartz, is the most popular quartz variety used in jewelry. It’s not only popular with the British Royals, but with Buddhists as well. It is often used as a sacred bead in rosaries.
Amethyst & Magick
Amethyst has been in use for thousands of years in magic, healing and psychic empowerment. It’s violet color makes it one of the most sought after variety of quartz. It has a large number of qualities and uses that have been given it over the years and it is said to be a stone that radiates energy which has often been referred to as the purple ray.
It is also referred to as a Spiritual Stone because it’s color violet is the same as that of the crown chakra. Meditation with it helps you in reaching the spiritual aspect of the universe.
Amethyst is also known to:
- Calm emotions and reduce stress.
- Help the holder of the stone to have a more optimistic and uplifting perspective.
- Is a powerful amulet for travelers. (So keep it in your traveling witch kit!)
- It is used as a transmitter of the healing power of the universe.
- Also commonly used to increase psychic awareness.
- Keep it with other divination tools to enhance their qualities.
- Placing it under the pillow helps insomniacs and induces prophetic dreams.
- Used to induce harmony.
If it’s exposed to heat, amethyst generally becomes yellow. Because of this, citrine, cairngorm, or yellow quartz of jewelry is said to be merely “burnt amethyst”.
What do you love most about amethyst?